Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Elephant!

 I have had this elephant cut out and ready to be sewn together for months but I ran into some problems. Basically the pattern that I got for the elephant was horrible. Nothing lines up properly and when you need it to line up that can cause some issues. Also there are darted seams to create the bottom of the elephant so he sits down but the pattern only told me to make ONE seam. My mother went over to our neighbor who just so happens to sew a lot and asked her about it and she fixed the seams for me. I have now sewn it together and it’s completely adorable. I knew it would be. I’m going to edit the pattern so it works properly.

Also after cleaning and oiling my sewing machine really really well, it seems to be working. My current plans are to finish up my owls as well as to make two purses. I’m being paid to make one purse for a friend and the other I plan to put on Etsy along with my elephant and owls. I’m also being paid to make a pig for a friend. Once I get the fabric she wants for that I’ll be starting on it. Of course this is all after I finish my current project.

After all that, I’m going to make my quilt. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment