Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sew Troubling

My sewing machine is hating me right now. I’ve been wanting to buy a new one just to have a machine that has more stitch options but that’ll be a little while as I’ll have to save up a bit to get it. I have my eye on the Brother 6000i. From reading reviews, it seems to be a very good product for the price.

My sewing machine is currently breaking thread and losing the feed on the bottom thread. I thread it again and it just breaks again. I know it isn’t the thread. It’s good thread. I made sure of that because I was having this problem before. The thread sometimes gets caught within the machine.

Any ideas?

It gets pretty frustrating. I enjoy sewing but when I can’t get the machine to cooperate it makes me not want to sew much. Well, I still want to sew I just don’t want to deal with the frustration. Everything will be going fine but then the machine will screw up and I have to thread it again and again. I tried turning the tension down a bit. That helped for a little while until the bottom thread somehow stopped coming through.

I guess I shouldn’t expect much from the machine. I bought it at WalMart on Black Friday for 50 bucks. It’s not as if it’s a high quality machine. Companies tend to make cheap products to sell at rock bottom prices for that day. I just needed a bigger machine than what I had since I was using the Singer Pixie. The machine was working wonderfully for a while but now it wants to cause me problems.

Oh woe is me. On top of that, I’m sick and miserable. Lucky. Can’t even sew to take my mind off of the aching throat and inability to breathe. Poor me. haha

The abdomen pain turns out to be a kidney stone. Not only that but the CT scan showed inflammation in the tissue surrounding my organs likely caused by a chronic food allergy. So, now I get to go to a urologist and an allergy doctor. Yay!

I hope I’m not allergic to something good. lol

1 comment:

  1. Just take the sewing machine in for a tune up first!! It could be just really dusty and needs new oil in the gears and such. If you have an older one-- try and keep it long as possible!! A tune up usually only costs 40-60 dollars. Better then spending hundreds!!

    ReplyDelete